Development was mainly in the late 1940's and early 1950's and in 1953. Midjegoorong was an Aboriginal leader and the father of Yagan. A railway station of Midland Junction was opened here in 1894, but when the municipality was named in 1895 it was named Helena Vale. Some of the grant was used for the 'Peel Estate' Group Settlement Scheme in the 1920s. It was later found that the correct Aboriginal name for the area was 'Nyeedoup' but Boya remains appropriate as the Aboriginal sub-tribe who once inhabited the hills were known as 'Boya-Ngoora'. It is home to the Perth Zoo, plus lots of cafes and restaurants and a huge grassy park along the river foreshore with great views of the Perth skyline.
He arrived in the colony aboard the 'York' on the 31 December 1862. The name was approval 3 rd January 2006. Birchmont was approved on the 18th August 1997. Guildford The history of the suburb of Guildford had its beginnings in 1827 when Captain James Stirling was despatched by Governor Darling of New South Wales to explore part of the West Coast of Australia. Compare the cheapest to Perth and find the best Skyscanner deals for your summer beach holiday. A town grew up around the junction, and a timber depot which included a large planing mill was constructed. Formally part of Millendon the City of Swan requested a change of name as this area was locally known as Baskerville.
Perth City The city of Perth, Australia sprawls across a coastal plain cut into two halves, north and south, by the Swan River. Governor Lawley was born in 1860, and had a distinguished career in the British Army, and the Colonial Service. Camfield named his property 'Burrs-Wood' after his father's farm in England. This was Stirling's 'Woodbridge' grant fronting both the Swan and Helena Rivers. Osborne Park Osborne Park was named after William Osborne, a butcher who owned an abattoir and land along the Wanneroo Road, and who was elected to the Perth Road Board in 1875. The coastal strip suburbs are popular for those who want to live close to the coast.
Despite poor soil, Birch grew wheat, mulberry and fig trees, and vines. Landsdale The suburb of Landsdale was approved on 8 th January 1980. The locality was approved on 18 th March 1970. The brook was first recorded by Captain Mark Curris during his 1829 explorations into whether there were rivers flowing south of Swan River. Munster was officially adopted as a suburb name in 1954. Davis' land was eventually sold to Charles Gosnell in 1862. In 1883, James Morrison, an auctioneer of Guildford, purchased land in the area.
A ford across the Canning river near Phillips' farm was commonly known as 'Maddington Ford' in the 1850s and when it was decided to construct a railway station nearby, about the turn of the century, the obvious name was Maddington. It was originally named East Jandakot, but was changed to Forrestdale in 1915 to avoid confusion with Jandakot. The name Hilbert was chosen for the Hilbert Family who were dairy farmers in the area along with the large wetlands which were generally referred to as the Hilbert Road Swamp which was found on an unconstructed road called Hilbert road. The origin is unknown, but probably named after the town in England of the same name or the Earl of Beaconsfield, Benjamin Disraeli, the former Tory Prime Minister of England in 1881. The suburb was to have been named Clarkson prior to development, but the two names were transposed and approved 6 th May 1985.
Copyright © 2016 Globe Media Ltd. In 1911 a girl was raped and murdered here, and local residents and authorities, not wishing to jeopardise development of the area, had the name changed to Queens Park. He lived on his land at Herne Hill, was a member of many societies and served on the Legislative Council. Palmateer held 300 acres in the area in 1893. Golden Bay Previously named Peelhurst, Golden Bay was approved as a suburb name in 1985. The settlement was abandoned in 1961 after fire came through the area.
The name was suggested as a suburb name by the City of Wanneroo, and was approved in 1971. Several attempts were made to refloat her, but all were unsuccessful. Boya To supply the stone required to build the groynes at Fremantle Harbour, a Government quarry was established in the hills a little south-west of Darlington. Dazzling white sand, gin-clear water, sweeping crescent shaped bays and intimate cosy coves are all here. The general area on the coast opposite the rocks was referred to as Quinns Rocks by the Wanneroo Road Board when they requested the survey of a road to the area in November 1925. Jindalee Name was proposed by the City of Wanneroo in 1979 and was approved 8 th January 1980. Around Rockingham, you'll find beautiful calm beaches, sheltered by offshore reefs and islands.
The name has been in use by the community for some time. The name Bellevue was used by the Railways Department on a timetable on 25 th May 1897. Jane Brook is believed to be named after Jane Currie, the wife of Fremantle's first Harbour Master. It is a similar story for units with all of the most affordable in a similar area north of the city. Kallaroo Kallaroo is one of the four 'Whitfords' suburbs that resulted from the State Government rezoning a large area of coastal land for development in 1969. To the full extent allowed by law CoreLogic excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered by any person or body corporate arising from or in connection with the supply or use of any part of the information in this publication. The name was approved on 16 th May 1980.